Aiea Loop Trail is a 4.3 mile loop, rated as moderate in difficulty.
See why Aiea Loop Trail is one of my favorite hikes on Oahu with my “highlight reel” of scenes from the day.
- Restroom facilities
- Lots of parking (although it does get crowded on weekends)
- Well-maintained trail, but heavily trafficked
- As you enter the state park, you will see the Keiwa Heiau and a picnic area
- Beautiful views (you can also see the H-3 freeway from a lookout point)
- Family-friendly and pet-friendly (dogs on leash)
This shady hike is perfect when you want to get outdoors, enjoy the beautiful flora of Hawaii, and avoid getting too hot. When we hiked this trail, there was a cool breeze that kept us comfortable. We were surrounded by beautiful, large trees and native plants. It is truly a feast for the eyes and salve for the soul!
Although it is a longer hike for some (which may earn it the “moderate” rating), it never felt strenuous and the slight inclines were easily traversed.
MommyAloha Rating: 5 out of 5